National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Telangana
M.E. (Mech Design Engg.) (2006)
Shivaji University, Kolhapur
B.E. (Automobile) (2001)
Shivaji University, Kolhapur
Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar
Shri. Sueshdada Jain College of Engg. Jalgaon, July 2003 – July 2005
Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar
DuroShox Pvt. Ltd., Sanaswadi, Pune
- Heat Transfer
- I. C. Engines
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Alternative fuels
A) Publications (in international journals)
- A. P. Shah, P. D. Shinde, ‘Effect of piston bowl geometry on smoke emission for two cylinder genset engine’, IJETSR, Vol. 5, Issue 2, Feb. 2018, ISSN 2394-3386
- Abhijeet P. Shah, and Sharad D. Patil ‘'Performance, Emission and Combustion Analysis of Biodiesel Extracted from Acidic Oil: A By-product of Soybean Oil Refining Process’, IIETA Journal of Modelling, Measurement and Control C, Vol. 78; No. 3; pp 337-350.
- Pankaj S. Ghatage and Abhijeet P. Shah,‘CFD Analysis of Heat Transfer Enhancement in Pipe Flow using Nanofluid’ International Advanced Research Journal in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol 4, Issue 1, Jan.17 (DOI – 10.17148/IARJSET.2017.4102)
- Abhijeet P. Shah, and Rahul S. Khanse, ‘Modelling and Analysis of High Thermal Conductivity Heat Pipe Thermal Ground Planes’, International Journal of Scientific Development and Research, October 2016, IJSDR, Volume 1, Issue 10, ISSN: 2455-2631
B) Publications (in Indian journals)
- Abhijeet P. Shah, and C. Gururaja Rao,‘Conjugate Convection with Surface Radiation from a Square-Shaped Electronic Device with Multiple Identical Discrete Heat Sources’, Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C, April-June 2013, 94(2):123-133. [DOI- 10.1007/s40032-013-0068-y]
- Abhijeet P. Shah and C. Gururaja Rao,‘Simulation Studies on Conjugate Mixed Convection with Radiation from a Vertical Channel with Multiple Non-Identical Discrete Heat Sources’, International Journal of Advanced Mechanical Engineering, ISSN 2250-3234, Vol. 4, No. 5, pp. 519-526, 2014.
C) Publications /Presentation(in peer-reviewed conferences held in India)
- Rahul S. Khanse, and Abhijeet P. Shah,‘Computational Modelling for High Thermal Conductivity Heat Pipe Thermal Ground Planes’, Int. Conference on Modern Era Research in Mechanical Engineering –MERME-2016, 29 & 30th Sept., 2016
- Abhijeet P. Shah, and C. Gururaja Rao, ‘Interaction of Radiation with Conjugate Mixed Convection from a Discretely and Non-Identically Heated Vertical Channel’, International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Material Sciences 17-19 March 2016, Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- Abhijeet P. Shah and C. Gururaja Rao,‘Simulation Studies on Conjugate Mixed Convection with Radiation from a Vertical Channel with Multiple Non-Identical Discrete Heat Sources’, Advances in Mechanical, Material, Manufacturing, Automobile, Aeronautical Engineering and Applied Physics (AMAEAP-2014), June 07-08, 2014, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Abhijeet P. Shah and C. Gururaja Rao, ‘Effect of Radiation on Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer from a Vertical Channel with Multiple Non-Identical Discrete Heat Sources’, Sixth International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics, 6thICTACEM, December 29-31, 2014, Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur.
- Abhijeet P. Shah, ‘F.E.A. and optimization of lower control arm of Independent suspension system’ , International Conference at S.V.N.I.T. , Surat dated 14-16 Dec., 2008 at International Conference at S.V.N.I.T. , Surat dated 14-16 2008
- Abhijeet P. Shah, ‘Optimization of lower control arm of Independent suspension system by stress analysis technique’, National conference on Factory automation and Robotics and soft computing organized by N.I.T., Warangal dated 18th -19th January, 2007
D) National Conference
- Parag Mangave, Abhijeet P. Shah, VivekWarade, ‘Numerical Analysis of Drag on Blunt bodies with the use of different conical spikes with supersonic speed’, 4th National Conference for Post Graduate Students (RIT NCon PG-18), 13th April, 2018
- Pratik D. Shinde, Abhijeet P. Shah, ‘Effect of Fuel Injection System on Smoke Emission for two Cylinder Genset Engine’, 4th National Conference for Post Graduate Students (RIT NCon PG-18), 13th April, 2018
- UdayMarutiJad, Abhijeet P. Shah, ‘Numerical Analysis on thermal energy storage tank filled with phase change material’, 4th National Conference for Post Graduate Students (RIT NCon PG-18), 13th April, 2018
- Yuvraj B. Jadhav, and Abhijeet P. Shah,‘Mathematical modeling & design of worm and worm gear pair for determining the surface stress acting on the tooth of worm and worm gear for plug Valve application’, 5th National Conference on “Innovations in Mechanical Engineering”, at SIT, Lonavala on 07-09th April 2017 ID: DS-NCIME17-227, 29 & 30th Sept., 2016
- Abhijeet P. Shah, ‘Stress analysis of lower control arm of Mc-phursun strut suspension system’, National conference Recent Trends in Product Design at D.K.T.E., Ichalkaranji dated 15th -16th Sept., 2006
- Abhijeet P. Shah, and Pankaj S. Ghatage, ‘Learning Centric Approach through Various Class Room Activities for Better Learning’, National Conference on Innovations in Engineering and Management Education, NCIEME-16, 8th and 9th Dec., 2016, ISBN- 978-81-931546-3-2
- Abhijeet P. Shah, ‘Experimental Investigation of stress of lower control arm of Mc-Phursun strut suspension system’, National level at R.I.T., Rajaramnagar dated 24th& 25th January, 2006
- Abhijeet P. Shah and Satyajit R. Patil, ‘ERP implementation and related issues’ at National Conference ‘Yantra 2005’ at College of Engineering, Pandharpur dated 23rd& 24th December, 2005
- Abhijeet P. Shah. ‘The Innovative use of Magnesium in Car body Design’, National conference at S.V. Institute of Technology, Kadi, Gujrat dated 8th& 9th January, 2005
- A life Member of I.S.T.E. (LM 40218)
- Reviewer for International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Taylor’s University, Malaysia
- Worked as a reviewer for 2nd National Conference for Engineering Post Graduates on 20th May, 2016
- Chaired a session during International Conference on “Modern Era Research in Mechanical Engineering” during 29th and 30th Sept., 2016
- Worked as a reviewer for International Conference of IUCEE in 2016-17
- Worked as a reviewer for National Conference on Innovations in Engineering and Management Education, NCIEME-16, 8th and 9th Dec., 2016
Key Research Projects
- Ph. D. Topic: Conjugate Mixed Convection with Surface Radiation from a Vertical Channel with Multiple Non-Identical Flush-Mounted Discrete Heat Sources in the Left Wall.
The primary objective of the present thesis is to perform fundamental numerical studies on the problem of conjugate mixed convection with surface radiation from the geometry of a vertical channel. The investigations have been carried out keeping the cooling of electronic equipment and devices as a potential practical application. An exclusive computer code in C++ has been written to solve the problem considered.
- PadmabhooshanVasantraodadaPatil Institute of Technolology, Budhgaon, Sangli.
“Stress Analysis and Weight reduction of lower control arm of Mc-Phursun strut suspension system” The lower control arm of Mc-Phursun strut suspension system of Maruti Omni is taken for the analysis.The software to be used for the analysis are Pro-Mechanica and Ansys. The stress pattern was studied and the weight reduction is carried out by optimization techniques and the re analysis is done for the optimized lower control arm. 7% weight reduction is achieved and the overall stresses are reduced from region of higher values of stress.
- Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar
“Microprocessor controlled fuel injection to two stroke Engine” The carburetor of Scooter is replaced by the use of direct fuel injector which is controlled electronically by the microprocessor. It increases the efficiency of the engine to a greater extent and also reduces the level of exhaust emissions from the two stroke scooter engine.
- Modifications in Tough rider (Construction equipment) – Sponsored project from Universal Construction Equipments and Machineries Ltd, Shirwal (2010)
- Setting up New Production line for Stator of an electrical motor – Sponsored project from Emerson Climate Technologies, Atit, Maharashtra (2016)
- Analysis of worm and worm wheel gear pair for plug valve application – Sponsored by GhatagePatil Industries, Kolhapur (2017) Performance Analysis of Drag on Blunt Bodies with the use of different Conical Spikes at supersonic speed, Zeus Nemerics, Pune (2018)
- Enhancement of Heating Surface Area in Bagasse fired Steam Boiler, Narande Sugar Factory, Narande (2018)
- Modifications in Piston Bowl Geometry of Genset Engine to Comply with CPCB II Norms for Smoke Emissions, Cooper corporation, Satara (2018)